Anyone out there rockin' some 60's style Hotrod interiors?

denveratsun

I guess that there are more than 100 ways to take the term "Hotrod" when applied to cars in general...Datsuns in specific:lol: and even more when applied to interiors. I really like the Ratrod look...but want more refined "60's" look...not just a Mexican blanket for this truck.

I am undertaking this idea of mine, to find an old awesome 1960's car and take the seat for the fabric and then get the 521 bench recovered.

But then I found this...:eek:

Seat4.jpg

1964 Buick Stationwagon rear seat.

Seat3.jpg

With little gold specks in it.:cool:

And matching door panels from the front seat...with arm rests from the rear doors.

Doorpanel1.jpg

I have a very good supply of materials I can use to modify or alter the panels in the areas where they will need it, to get them to fit the doors. The top is exactly the right size, the lock rod and the vent windows all line up perfectly. The width is very close and the height is almost dead on.:D

Anyway...anyone out there got somethin like this goin on...or seen it done well?

Show me the pics...give me some feedback...come help me install it.:lol:

Edited by denveratsun
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Madness, do you want another one of those mirrors for your pass side door? I bought one at a swap meet at Bandimere about 8 years ago, I thought about using it on my 52o but it would look better on yours and I found a mirror last time I was at the jy that was on a sunbeam alpine roadster. Any way, I am going to the show this sat. If you want it I will bring it along.

Hey Madness, do you want another one of those mirrors for your pass side door? I bought one at a swap meet at Bandimere about 8 years ago, I thought about using it on my 52o but it would look better on yours and I found a mirror last time I was at the jy that was on a sunbeam alpine roadster. Any way, I am going to the show this sat. If you want it I will bring it along.

sure man that sounds great... i wish i had something to offer for it.

Are those vw seats? how did you work the rails to bolt down .

yes,they came out of a 1964 vw karmann i think,

i just welded bars to the bottom and bolted them in with no tracks, the tracks were welded to the actual car and the junk yard didnt want to cut them out,im 6'1" so i will have them all the way back anyways:p

oldCOMPpics098.jpg

i'll keep my eyes peeled

Yeah...thats a good one. Especially with how expensive interior work is these days...well...always has been i guess...unless you went down to Mexico...:cool:

Madness...yeah...I will try to make it. Your panels are lookin flippin sweet man! Great job! I could sure use your eyes on my interior concept.

Tyson...hope to see you there too. Nice job sharin the wealth bro!

Fisch...haha...thats weird, it's usually your awesome art that gets me goin! Yeah, when I found this thing I was like:eek:

BOING!!!!

I think that 40 bucks is worth it.:blink::lol::D

I'm going to swing by there for a little bit, I will call you and see when your going, I have to go to a funeral and then drive to Sante Fe tomorrow afternoon. wweeeeeeee!! Something that just came up, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bringin the thread back for one more lap around the block....plus a correction!

I wrote Buick wagon in my description of the parts...:blink:

They are from an Oldsmobile...der!:D