hello people

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well this isnt a members project thread but I guess its sorta turning into one.

Cut out the floors except at the transmission plate. Have to drop the auto tranny thats there now and then trim the floor. Should be doing that later today, along with test fitting the fj20de

Crazy how the floors go bye bye, anyway on with pics

P1070475.jpg

P1070476.jpg

P1070477.jpg

P1070483.jpg

P1070484.jpg

P1070485.jpg

Started on the drivers side rear quarter and drivers door and got a lil crazy with making faces :lol: damn body dust

P1070491.jpg

P1070492.jpg

P1070513.jpg

P1070526.jpg

P1070527.jpg

Looks like the sawzall was broken out to me. Looks like there is a lot more to cut out too.

I personally wouldn't have stopped until like 6 inches up the firewall and wouldn't have left so much of the tunnel or the cross braces. Looks like just the initial cut though I'm sure more is to come.

More pics :-P

good job :D show that poor thing some LOVE :D:lol::D

Thank you, getting right on it

Wow... reminds me of the Flintstones. Did you have to do much cutting on the floors or did you just kind of push what was left and watch it fall?

LOL Ive joked about it lately. Wonder how fast we can get it down the hill lol... Just kidding, but most of the floor just fell and flapped all over while cutting it out.

Looks like the sawzall was broken out to me. Looks like there is a lot more to cut out too.

I personally wouldn't have stopped until like 6 inches up the firewall and wouldn't have left so much of the tunnel or the cross braces. Looks like just the initial cut though I'm sure more is to come.

More pics :-P

Yes, I used the Dawalt sawzall to do the general cuts, been doing a complete car build up the last 8 days for my friend and getting pulled in many directions. Once the tranny is out I'll take care of its mounting plate, or just make up a new one once the new floor is in. Using a flap disc grinding wheel for all the edges of the walls. They are awesome!

PICS GOOD!! :lol::lol:

Yes, more to come :D

Thank you everyone

Edited by The love of JDM

Ya soda really is the best way to go if you care about anything besides the task lol. I use/used aircraft remover for years but that crap is just too harsh.

Can soda anyplace too, its not just greener and safer but so much easier.

eastwoods has an afordable one , ive been looking into soda too ,its a good green solution ,, av stripper is some bad chit hurts my chest with a resperator

Yes very correct. I already have the one in mind. Have a 60 gallon compressor on hand. The one Im looking at is this, and cool cause I have an account with them so I get a small discount.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=21449&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=561&iSubCat=567&iProductID=21449

Ya soda really is the best way to go if you care about anything besides the task lol. I use/used aircraft remover for years but that crap is just too harsh.

Can soda anyplace too, its not just greener and safer but so much easier.

Yup, Id like to keep it as clean and safe as possible

poor S130 :( :(

it just wants to go fast :lol:

LOL you dont want to hear my commet to that, ok, well... "go fast to the scrap yard"

But only reason I parted it was to use the front end replacement body panels and rear hatch. Everything else I felt would be good to help others out. Which it sure has.