Help with ka24de install

I dont know how to properly add the external fuel pump not the electrical side but the plumbing of it. I want to keep the stock fuel tank if possible. My tank has the carb feed hose on the side of the tank and on top it has a hose for the vapor liquid separator that goes to a separete tank in the rear passenger side tire well. Could i use the top hose on the tank for the return line and the bottom hose for the fuel injection feed line and remove the vapor liquid separator. Also what fuel pump can you guys recommend. I will post pictures soon. Thanks.:)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCF2981.jpg

I would also like to know what most people are using for a fuel pump. I was just gonna get one of the high flow walbro. Heres an example

http://www.inlinefuelpumps.com/

I commented on the picture because thats exactly what I was thinking of doing for my battery. Great minds think alike :D what size battery are you using? I was gonna use one of these...smallest one optima makes

http://www.amazon.com/Optima-Batteries-8071-167-YellowTop-Purpose/dp/B00075OSD8

Edited by sanitys

I would guess that the stock pipe (bung) is not big enough on the 620 tank, neither in nor out. This would require enlargement. What size are your fuel lines on the KA. Then you need an external fuel pump though some add one in tank. You may want to consider a surge tank as well. It's not good for the fuel pump or engine, etc.. to be without fuel. Not sure that the 620 tank has any sort of baffles at all. Will you have to pass a safety/emissions test?

I would guess that the stock pipe (bung) is not big enough on the 620 tank, neither in nor out. This would require enlargement. What size are your fuel lines on the KA. Then you need an external fuel pump though some add one in tank. You may want to consider a surge tank as well. It's not good for the fuel pump or engine, etc.. to be without fuel. Not sure that the 620 tank has any sort of baffles at all. Will you have to pass a safety/emissions test?

I figured that the size of the inlet and outlet bungs might be a problem but I was hoping other people with swaps got away with out having to modify the tank. I dont have emission or safety tests to pass.

I ran the stock tank and stock lines on my truck with an inline MSD pump that I bought for $100 brand new. This setup works great and never had any problems with sloshing or starving for fuel.

To plumb your return line from the engine, did you just use the hose that comes up from the drivers side and goes out back to the tank. I believe its a hose to purge fuel vapors.

I ran the stock tank and stock lines on my truck with an inline MSD pump that I bought for $100 brand new. This setup works great and never had any problems with sloshing or starving for fuel.

So were you able to match up the inlet/outlet diameter on the fuel pump to correct the fuel line diameter difference or did you just run a mismatched diameter hose and crank it down?