power steering

i did a search and didn't find anything so hopefully this was never posted before... but how do you purge the power steering fluid out of the system on a 720? my manual won't tell me because it says for any power steering issues it should be taken to the dealer....... it tells me how to fix anything and everything else but that the power steering should be done by a trained technician only!

i think if i look at it i can figure it out but the problem is that i will be working with limited time... i get back home on friday afternoon and need to have it done by friday night so i was just hoping to know what to do before i get back!

thanks ahead of time!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise the front tires off the ground. Start engine and idle, turn from lock to lock, shut off and top up reservoir. Don't run motor longer than needed. Repeat untill it won't take more fluid. Let sit a few minutes between trys to allow foam to separate.

easy enough!

why? it was giving me many issues and i did not feel like fixing it... belts and pulleys are already off but i need to get the fluid out so i'm not pushing that around as well... i have an auto x on saturday but i won't be home to work on the truck till friday night so thank you all!

Just remove the belt and leave everything in. The fluid lubes the box so don't run with it dry. When done racing connect the belt and go. There's no advantage to running it empty and with the belt off... nothing to push around. The box is full of ATF which is much thinner than 90 weight oil.

Edited by datzenmike