280Z flooding maybe? causing no start Help!

Itsa78

Ok guys so im kinda new to Z cars i have been a 240sx guy for quite some time now so please forgive my ignorance haha. Anyways my 280 has been running rich ever since i bought it and had a misfire im assuming because of it running rich. Well today i stop to get some food and i come back out and my car wont start it cranks and cranks but just wont start but if i let it sit for maybe 20 minutes or so it starts right up which makes me think its getting flooded while not running. My first guess is that it has some old injectors that are leaking. What do you guys think? are there any common problems with these that i dont know about? any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it cranks and cranks but just wont start but if i let it sit for maybe 20 minutes or so it starts right up which makes me think its getting flooded while not running.

how how out was it and how long/hard where you driving? is your fuel rail wrapped in heat wrap?

possible vapor lock, more common with the carb set ups (lower fuel pressure) but still a possibility with the EFI