Vintage Japanese Electrical Connectors!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ordered from Vintage Connections before. It is a great place to deal with. In fact, I just placed an order today. One note, he now sells non-latching connectors that are supposed to match the factory connectors. The latching connectors shown above are a bit different than the factory ones. Also, I recommend buying the ratcheting crimpers. With them, you can make a factory like crimp.

...One note, he now sells non-latching connectors that are supposed to match the factory connectors. The latching connectors shown above are a bit different than the factory ones.

Point noted.

I have accumulated many original Nissan plastic connectors over time, and just to have the pin removal tool and the correct male and female connectors for a rebuild will be a cost savings itself.

I personally like the fact that I can now make plug in harnesses for accessories added to the car. That means less cutting and splicing, and being able to revert back to stock if wanted. Things I had thought about were plug in jumpers for internally regulated alternators, and plug in replacement fuse boxes like the one pictured above, but with the correct connector on it.

Just to let you guys know, I received my package today. I can confirm that the Non-Latching connectors are a direct fit to at least the six pin alternator regulator plug. I will try out some of the others later. In speaking with the owner, he say that the 2.8mm pin connectors in the non latching style are in the works.

I personally like the fact that I can now make plug in harnesses for accessories added to the car. That means less cutting and splicing, and being able to revert back to stock if wanted. Things I had thought about were plug in jumpers for internally regulated alternators, and plug in replacement fuse boxes like the one pictured above, but with the correct connector on it.

i 10000000000000000000000000 times agree with the above statement!

imma order me a set of the non locking ones

I figured I'd throw this in this thread:

The bullet connectors used from the factory on Datsuns are not the same as the jiffum crimp bullet connectors you buy from Pep Boys. Not only are they lower quality and not really insulated, but they are the wrong size. If you jam a pep boys male bullet into a datsun female bullet you will spread the female. Then when you buy these fancy replacement terminals, they will be loose connections. Ask me how I know.