160 160 160 130 compression test ?

Zaquel510

the guy selling this http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1166522622.html mentioned the engine compression last tested was 160 160 160 130 . is that 130 a huge dont buy it red flag ? as i dont really have the cash atm to go rebuilding a engine in a car i just bought for 3000 ish lol . he said it doesnt smoke to much and it runs good but i want to find out from the pros if having the low of comp is a huge red flag or not .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy selling this http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1166522622.html mentioned the engine compression last tested was 160 160 160 130 .... he said it doesnt smoke to much

Run away!!!! $3400 for a car that "doesn't smoke to (sic.) much" :eek: Though a motor can run good with even 110 lbs of compression, as long as all cylinders are even, it's generally indicative of a lot of wear and the motor is getting tired. Even if it does not burn oil. When one cylinder is lower than the rest it could be a valve or rings but to fix you have to take apart to the point where you might as well do them all anyway. Generally the lowest cylinder should not exceed 10% of the highest cylinder pressure. 160, 160, 160, 144 would be a pass, barely. For that money you shouldn't have to do anything. Pass on it.