Help - no bright link

sdsurf

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just read that if i set it up so v notch at cam sprocket is just to the right of line and #1 is at true TDC I can put the chain on. Then rotate through a couple of times and see if it ends up in the same thought?

Help!

Cant you just get your old chain and count the distance between the markers and mark yours with a white out? Also look at the dimples? They could be different color "chrome"... The dimples too me are those metal lines that stick out on the side that holding the chain together.

Taiwain chain!!!!!!!!!!!

The brite links(japan ) are to make it idiot proof but put chain ON and rotate one full reveluttion and dial the crank back up to TDC keeping chain tight and see where the V notch ends up at. V should be right below the dash in center or V slightly to the right but still under the dash

http://www.guba.com/general/search?query=hainz&set=5&x=0&y=0

one can take a old chain and if links are still visable lay the chains side by side stretched out and ink mark them

spin motor around and get back to TDC on crank with tension on chain should look like this

lseries10_thumb.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
Cant you just get your old chain and count the distance between the markers and mark yours with a white out? Also look at the dimples? They could be different color "chrome"... The dimples too me are those metal lines that stick out on the side that holding the chain together.

My old chain doesn't look to have bright links either. But I will look at the dimples. Got to be some marker. If I find it I will share.

just put head at TDC

Motor block at TDC(place fron cover on loosely then remove)

Put chain on and slack side guides the put front cover on and rotate motor a full turn back to O on crank and ck the marks. If off redo. Once you got it then you can seal and gasket it and spec all the bolt tightnes

Thanks Hainz! truly an l motor god!!