my poor goon

well for the last couple days my goon has been missing and running kinda funny when ever the motor had any type of stress on it but not to bad. But today it ran like complete crap and went from a slight little ticking sound to having a horrible knock. I pulled a plug to see if it was bad and found a nice bit of oil. I checked all the plugs and each one was covered in oil... i slowly sputtered my way home and decided mayb its time to retire the tired l16 :(.... im going to miss driving it and all the adults that tell me "my mom drove a 510 wagon when i was young!!"

but o well now it gives me an excuse to get a KA or L20 :lol:

also gave a friend and i an idea about making stickers that say your mom loves my datsun :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh! I won't be in town this weekend. hit me up with a PM and Ill give you more details. I won't sugar coat it, she's an old motor, I just sold my dual mikuni carbs off of it. dyno'd at a whopping 68whp and 77wtq! LOL

It was running, no smoke but there was something odd with it. Too much vibration is what people were guessing. I cracked the insides of my electronic dist. and have no idea how that happened. So instead of a rebuild I went with a VG swap.

One of these days Ill post the cannon intake and nissan comp headder for sale too :)

if you're gonna be in the bay area, i have an L16 in my moms garage. how much do you want for it?

how much do i want for wat?

and i do agree that now would b a good time to find out whats wrong with it but finals are coming up and so are dead lines for projects but i will b done with those in abou two weeks :D

how much do i want for wat?

and i do agree that now would b a good time to find out whats wrong with it but finals are coming up and so are dead lines for projects but i will b done with those in abou two weeks :D

how much do you want to pay for an L16 :o

I'll be in Union City (45 min or so south of SF) till sunday.

THANX TWIGGZ!!! i dropped the motor and tranny as soon as i got home last night :) but your bucket was simply amazing!! the guy i was with is really into imports and hates muscle cars but when he heard you start it he just was like..... :blink: thats fucking awesome!!! haha :lol:. but i got a quick question is the distributer the one i need for electric Ignition??

I believe that dist is out of a 240, or 280. I can never get it right lol. its what people call a "matchbox" and It uses a low impedance coil. I think if you use a high imp. coil you might kill it. Thats just what I've heard.

I'm sure some guys on here know better then I do.

All my neighbors know when I fire up the T bucket. I'm sure they hate me when I drive it to work. A 454 with straight pipes at 6:30am, wakes up everyone :)