is it wrong....

moparvwfreak

to think about making a rust bucket reliable, and keeping it as a driver??? i found out today, after putting exhaust and 2 new tires on the S.S. RustoHMYGOD, that i need to do not only upper ball joints but also a carrier bearing, brake lines, brake adjustment,most likely shocks, alignment and possibly a timing chain set. if i do that much work on this POS to make it a somewhat reliable daily, i will want to keep it in one piece. but then again i need a reliable daily. thank god my Passat is going into the shop next week. at least then i'll have something classy to drive.

oh and if i decide to keep it around, the tail gate is gonna say, "Its a Rat, Son!"

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to think about making a rust bucket reliable, and keeping it as a driver??? i found out today, after putting exhaust and 2 new tires on the S.S. RustoHMYGOD, that i need to do not only upper ball joints but also a carrier bearing, brake lines, brake adjustment,most likely shocks, alignment and possibly a timing chain set. if i do that much work on this POS to make it a somewhat reliable daily, i will want to keep it in one piece. but then again i need a reliable daily. thank god my Passat is going into the shop next week. at least then i'll have something classy to drive.

oh and if i decide to keep it around, the tail gate is gonna say, "Its a Rat, Son!"

I sure hope not, or I've been doing something wrong driving my d21 all this time :-X. I plan to load 2000lbs into it on sat too, praying to every god I can think of that I make it back in one piece.