L22beezee??

Hey there folks! Had a shotgun question regarding the fittment of the L20B series U67 head on a 22Z bottom end, and if there needed to be any changery of the Z22's guts (rods, pistons, crank, oiling holes, water passages and whatnot). Also, what timing chain/tensor/sprockets i needed to use, and or what else needed to be changed to make the "L22"? Thanks in advance for any help or info!

cheers

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you, i'd only read a mention of that thread before, i'm glad i finally had a chance to read it myself! although, having all my questions answered, i am now ready to throw all my notes, tech manuals, cracked L20B boat anchors, L-series heads and the baby out with the bathwater. I WANT TO DRIVE MY 610! and i'm getting nowhere, i guess that's why everyone and their mother does any number of swaps. :( disappointment supreme.

cheers

wise man- "the path to heaven's gate is paved with least resistance,"

me- "i must be going the wrong mutha' @$#@ing way,"

i know what ya mean! its been difficult sticking w/some of the *&%(&% decisions ive made, but money spent=move forward. as slow as its been...

i like this tool --> http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/enginedesign/

it doesnt let you enter conflicting data though. double check!

handy link, pretty cool! unfortunately that relies upon having a buildable core. i have yet to find an L20 that isn't cracked or one with a decent cylinder bore that's not totally gouged, cracked or .120 over-thrashed. i'm assuming the unfortunate state i keep finding these motors in is due to unskilled repair shops. or maybe just plain negligence and using an air-impact to reassemble the engine after a head gasket job. the green grenade waits patiently for a heart transplant :D! thanks so much for the info and links! it may take a minute to get it back on the road, but it'll be totally worth the wait!

cheers