vg-30 ID

a100addict

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vg30e's came with flat top pistons with valve reliefs, vg33e's came with much larger reliefs, vg30i's came dished as did vg30et's.

Villager vg30e's and some late vg33e's came non interference and have different reliefs.

Edited by 72240z

Glad you found its a VG30et but dont base your finding by the oil plug on the pan.....Ive found even the non turbo cars have it there.......sorta a universal part on the VG. My pan has it too and its off a nonturbo 300zx

being that you only have the short block, do you plan on building and completing the motor? If so, the differences are likey to not matter as the more critical parts are those you dont have. Intake, heads, turbo?, etc

I have yet to see my block all cleaned up to find the block markings so I cant tell you where to find em, but if you have...perhaps a nissan dismantler might have the knowledge you're looking for.

You sure it's a drain back fitting, some of the later (IE: Quest) pans came with a sending unit that looks like a drain back fitting. I have one of those.

There are no actual "turbo" blocks, I believe the only difference is the pistons, as stated previously.