Heart Transplant

6l320datsun3

Ok I got a 1963 l320 great truck love it to death. Stripping it down and putting it together a piece at a time.

3.pngd2.jpg

I have a nasty built 3.8 chevy v6 that came out of a grand prix. I dont know gm engines greatly just my 4 cylinders. If anyone can help me out on letting me know what to do on like bellhousing adapters, or a tranny swap or whatever. It would help me out a lot.

Because i just got the tranny sent out to be rebuilt with high performance gears, syncros, etc etc to take to pain. Got a lightened counter balanced drive shaft, and great other goodies coming in.

I am going to be deployed soon and I want to get as much done as possible, because I dont know when I might get back. So ratsun give me the input i can take it all in very well.

Edited by 6l320datsun3
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

leave the 3.8 gm engines are easy as cake get a book on the car that same with the motor and just read up easier then trying to adapt the gm trans to a datsun motor if you want a litte more power and somthing as easy as a 350 get a 4.3 and drop it in you will get more power for less with a gm powerplant

That is my thing I just wanna know about the tranny because I had the engine professionally built. I just need to know if i can just get a tranny bellhousing for it and if so what one or do i need a whole new tranny? Get my drift im just stuck on the drivetrain that would work best with my engine and also if I should even do it.

bellhousings for chevys are easy to come by how are you planning to drive it highway cruzing? use it like an actual truck? i know that chevy put this motor in some of the smaller trucks there is bound to be a few 5 speeds floating around for it or do you want to go auto?