WTB Header for L20b 620

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice collection of trucks. I believe all have square port heads too. The L16/18 stock exhaust manifold is as good as a header for performance with none of the disadvantages. If you have a multi carb and cam set up then yes some slight gains with a header. If you do get one, don't throw the manifold away. Before the end of spring you'll want to put it back on.

I second that opinion.I have had both the long tube header...and the short version. and I will tell you that the stock l16 manifold from 72-73 is soooo much better and fits so much better. You wont gain a whole lot with the header, unless you are screaming that motor all the time at 5K or more....

I'm using it on my LZ22 motor with a Comp Cams 292/480. I have a weber 38/38 on cannon intake comming for it. I want to get as much as I can get out of it.

Oh just to throw this in, I crashed the 77 Datsun today on my way to work. I almost cried.... The guy in front of me wasn't paying attention and had to mash his brakes to avoid hitting the person in front of him. Of course my brakes have had so many issues that I couldn't ever figure out, I couldn't stop... ran into the back of a Chevy Tahoe at 35ish. Of course I get the ticket, a broken truck, have to pay 130$ ticket in 10 days, $1800 over 2 years in driver responcibility fees (Michighan BS), and my already way too high car insurence is going up and possibly get dropped. I hit the Tahoe in the Reese Hitch, hi got one tiny paint the kinda peeled, the guy flakes it off with his nail and said that he needed to get it fixed.

CompCamsDatsunLZ22.jpg

Edited by Suspect
I'm using it on my LZ22 motor with a Comp Cams 292/480. I have a weber 38/38 on cannon intake comming for it. I want to get as much as I can get out of it.

theirs one for sale in the FS section from fatdave for like 125 i think?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.