Project "Izzo"

izzo

well i looked thru all my postings and i dont have a thread of my project, so here it is to keep all my stuff out of the rest of everything else unless i have a question.

named it project izzo since the nickname is h2theizzo.........

Have done misc stuff to it, installed all new brakes, most everyone has seen those pics and what not

I am going to lower it again next weekend once i get those other rims and tires

Saturday/sunday i installed a weber carb and new bushings in the shifter

heres some pics during the weber, and one after

I had to install that thing 3 times to get it right.

turns out the emissions bullshit on the side of the intake wasnt letting the adapter down far enough. so when i tried to run it it was getting way to much air and falling on its face.

03-08-09_1204.jpg

03-08-09_1459.jpg

I just bought the following items from rock auto :D

I cant wait to get the parts, and once i get them ill take some pictures of the progress.

got some new door jam light switches for the dome light

head gasket kit,

timing chain cover gaskets

new thermostat

and new pinto shock absorbers for when it gets dropped on its nuts, heres the list

1978 FORD PINTO 2.8L 171cid V6 2BBL (Z)

MONROE 32118 Shock Absorber

1980 NISSAN 720 PICKUP 2.0L 1952cc L4 2BBL (H) [L20B]

ACDELCO E6016 Door Jamb Switch

ACDELCO E6016 Door Jamb Switch

BECK/ARNLEY 0340398 (034-0398) Oil Pan Gasket

BECK/ARNLEY 0380089 (038-0089) Timing Cover Gasket Set

BECK/ARNLEY 0322438 Cylinder Head Gasket Kit

BECK/ARNLEY 1430684 (143-0684) Thermostat

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks better already!

Thanks man!

I had a new windshield installed tuesday, 240 dollars. Found a new one at a junk yard and paid 65 for it, then 175 install fee.

I will never use atlantis Auto glass again. They are nice enough, and quick. But they dont realize my truck is 20 years old and brittle and were busting bolts left and right instead of applying WD40 and being a little more gentle. they wrenched the nuts down on the wipers to much....

thats it for now

Put some new shoes on her :D

Thanks Aaron. they are pimp shit. found out in the process either i didnt tighten the nuts down enough on the spindles or the bearings are a little worn. just a slight wobble.

With that said, this weekend the front end is getting slammed down. I have the Pinto shock absorbers already.

heres a before and after

10-25-08_1233-1.jpg

03-18-09_1858.jpg

Edited by h2theizzo

Lol

Doug, thanks :D

It did look good dropped, however the original tires are to big for that drop. they rubbed really bad on the inner fender right where your feet sit inside. Thats the reason its sitting so high now. The tires i got from Aaron are about an inch or so thinner and should be able to take that drop now. I never had blocks in the back but will be getting it soon.

The rims dont match my truck because of the blue, tho i must say aaron did a good job painting them!! They look way better in person. I will be taking that blue off and either making them black or metallic red where the blue is now leaving the chrome trim on the outside.

Ill take some pics when i get that done, for this weekend tho it shows rain so its going to be shitty enough lowering it :(

didnt have to much time today, went out and had some fun with the family in the weather :D

but heres what i did manage

heres the intake like i got it,

img193.jpg

img194.jpg

Here is after i took the wire wheel to it for a bit

03-21-09_1520.jpg

03-21-09_1521.jpg

I hit it with some Krylon X-Metals converter, which made it bright and shiny

Then i hit it a few times with the X-Metals red. Since my engine bay is red i want the engine to match here soon. I still need to do a few coats on it

Intake001.jpg

Intake002.jpg

Intake003.jpg

Last but not least, i didnt have time to take the paint off the rims and get them another color, but i did adjust the torsion bars, and removed the bump stops. Looks much better so far

BEFORE!

03-18-09_1858.jpg

AFTER!!

03-21-09_1728.jpg

03-21-09_1729.jpg

Yeah it looked really retarded man

I just didnt have time last weekend, now its your turn post some updates of your goon

I'd love to but the wife wanted to hang out today instead of let me work on cars. Sheesh.......:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
thank you, thank you sir!

I like it myself, it needs about 3-4 more coats of paint before i think its good. To help keep it from burning off

Wait till you see whats next :D

we need to see whats next NOW lol

haha

My plans failed Sorry, I found a badass 1978 king cab for dirt cheap but it was sold before i could get ahold of it, the thing was mint condition just bad block.

:(

On with what i did over the weekend.

Pulled out the A-Arm bolts and put in 4 washers per bolt, id say near half inch, on the shy side. So the camber is adjusted a bit now. Steers a little better, doesnt try to turn so easily. (if that makes sense, anyone with torsion bars whos lowered it and had the camber off should know what im talking about)

Ill try and get a pic of the washers, they were a dollar a piece at the hardware store, couldnt believe that shit lol o well

Also. Bought pinto shock absorbers for the front, sanded, painted those. I got some paint on the rods, ill get some thinner later and fix it. not to worried about the absorbers they were only 12-13 dollars on rock auto

The pinto shock absorbers are a bitch, tell you what! The bottom sides come with rubber bushings, and in there is a long metal bushing. Bleach was able to get his out with a hammer and some time. That didnt work for me, i could not get those out and i couldnt find my 5lb sledge hammer to whale on it.

So,i cheated :D I stuck my 10mm hex head socket in the end of it, went to my truck and used the jack against the frame and pressed it out about half way with that. Then i took my small 20 dollar autozone pulley puller and got it the rest of the way out

end results,

PS. i need a rear end for my truck, i put it in the wanted ad section but in case anyones reading hook me up. I dont know whats in mine and i didnt see anything on the fender tag (stock truck is 1980 4sp) I need something with taller gears, seems like rpms are a bit to high even in 5th. And i know im not getting as good of gas mileage as i could be.

04-05-09_1246.jpg

04-05-09_1446.jpg

BTW

I will be going lower in the front soon, I just have to find a minute to adjust the torsion bars.

I am seriously trying to find a way to buy those d21 drop spindles from SloDat, I just dont have 150 dollars right now.

going to do 3 inches in the back once i get the front down a little lower, and 40 dollars for the block kit

• 2 weeks later...

got this valve cover from scuba

that sucka was dirty!

04-15-09_1752.jpg

another shot, you can see where i touched it with the wire wheel

04-15-09_1753.jpg

First i hit it with a wire cup brush, knocked all the dirt and grease mostly off.

I should have washed it cuz all it did was smear a thin layer of grease all across it. I took an SOS pad and scrubbed it, then some simple grean, and washed it real good.

04-17-09_1929.jpg

04-17-09_1928.jpg

So, now it was pretty shiny. I didnt have the right drill attachment and good compound to buff it out so i painted it red with engine enamel.

Went out to Vader friday and picked up another l20b. it was missing the intake/carb/exhaust mani and the water pump.

This is when I got it,

04-17-09_1927.jpg

it was pretty clean, but still pretty grimy!! the timing cover was dirty as shit. some grease and oil but cant complain it could be worst. I dont have an engine stand so i went down to les schwab and they gave me a free tire to set it in for now. Works pretty good, its just big enough i can move it around in there and it will prop itself up, yet it wont fall over.

I cleaned it up a bit and put the valve cover on it that i painted. I have most the gaskets i need but still have to get some more. Going to go hunting for an engine stand tomorrow (cheap) So i can get this done.

So far, i know i will need an oil pump gasket, water pump & fan, couple of oil pan bolts, matchbox dizzy, couple of odds and ends bolts and stuff.

Heres at the end of the day, i just threw it back together real quick to call it a night i spent a good part of the day cleaning parts of it.

newengine001.jpg

newengine002.jpg

newengine003.jpg

hmmm

if anyone knows why that is please fill me in :D

Also

I adjusted the camber again on the truck, it feels more like normal now (hard to steer with no power steering) So i should be good to go and not burn off any tires that quickly. 185 dollars out the door for new ones at schwab : Havent done it yet but will have to before i go anywhere in it