pictures for steroid...

makya

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd282/makya9/datsun/?albumview=grid&fullsize=Picture001.jpg

You can scroll through the album for all the pictures I took, I posted here because I thought some others might want to see the dually pics as well.

Some shots are in areas where these trucks are known to rust, like fenders and floorboards. The motor in the bed is a naps-z block with an L head on it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Makya,

Thanks!! I'll call You next week when I'm in Your area. A few questions:

1. How sturdy is that tow hitch? Is it mounted to the front of the frame or just the stock bumper?

2. Are there plates on the truck? If so I could just tow it home. I have magnetic trailering lights.

3. If so, is there a tailgate? That would keep the parts in the back. If not, I more than likely wouldn't take the motor.

4. You do have a title, yes?

That's it for now. I'll touch base with You soon. Mike

Makya is the truck still up for sale?

I think Mike answered your question ;)

I don't want it to go, but I won't have the time or space for quite a while, and this truck deserves to be in a place where someone can deal with it appropriately.

1. it is just mounted to the bumper, but we can attach it to the front crossmember of the frame if you would like. The front valance would have to be unbolted.

2. the truck is non-oped, so we could probably get a temp.

3. there is a tailgate, and it's in great shape.

4.Yes.

To everyone;

There aren't many of these around, and I am not going to be able to make it something "special", either by customizing it or restoring it. I'm not into the retro look, but I know mike is and will do what he thinks is appropriate for this truck when it is in his hands. I like the care he takes in working with his Ratsuns, and I hope someday I get to see it in person, when he figures out what he wants to do with it.

It's not an easy decision, I would LOVE to hold on to this truck, but I just don't know when or how I will get to this project, and I'm afraid it would become too much to continue to store it until I get into a house again. I had to come to a decision, and I am keeping my 4x4 that I have owned for 17 years, and letting the Dually go to a good home.

It's almost like choosing between your kids, and that's never easy:(

Hi Makya,

Thank You for Your answers. It will either have to be towed or trailered. If trailered, I'll have to do it later and meet You halfway, possibly Bakersfield, with My trailer. If DMV will give a trip permit with what documents You have, then I can just pull it home on it's own wheels with My Xterra. I'll call You later for details but if You have time on Monday, can You check with DMV to see what is needed for the permit? Thanks again! Mike