Rock auto

izzo

Was thinking about picking up some things off of rock auto.

Only thing is i am not sure about quality of the cheaper stuff. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about their items

I found some front calipers for 26 dollars each. Their cheaper ones, are they any good? Or do the seals blow out after a short time?

Also, datto510 said there was a better fuel pump for these l20s, anyone know which one it is?

Head gasket, theres a few to choose from, which one is better?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking about picking up some things off of rock auto.

Only thing is i am not sure about quality of the cheaper stuff. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about their items

I found some front calipers for 26 dollars each. Their cheaper ones, are they any good? Or do the seals blow out after a short time?

Also, datto510 said there was a better fuel pump for these l20s, anyone know which one it is?

the factory n/one is the best fuel pump....if you need one i have a few aftermarket ones

sounds good man, i think mines alright but its stock so probly wouldnt hurt for somethin new..

Another question.

The dogleg shifters. you remove the brass bushing, and then how does it pop out? Do i have to get like balljoin fork and pop it out? If so how big of a pain is it to get it back in...

I was thinking about finding another shift, but i dont know what would fit or wouldnt fit if anything. Am i better off just cutting the current one and shaping it like i want.. then welding it back together?

**Edit, I did use the search function, and saw a few things about shifters but not quite what i was lookin for in an answer*

Edited by h2theizzo

felpro is usually a good choice.

quality is suspect. you can call to see what exactly your gonna get in the box (ie. made in japan VS china)

ive been happy w/everything ive purchased and returned what i didnt like, no ???

shifter? once the pin is removed it should pull right out. & pop back in. its tight after replacing the bushings :D