Goon help..

jonesy510

Hey I have been looking on this site for awhile and just recently join. anyways i bought a 71 goon and just lowered the back with 3 inch blocks and about to do the front... i was wondering what kind of tire and rim set ups people are running and how well they fit. i have been looking around but don't know to much about tires and sizes so yea any help would be wonderful.

p.s. before i get comments about i need to do research on my own i have been looking and just want to get as much info as possible

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome. I have a 71 wagon also. I am using 2" blocks and cut the bump stops and am using coil overs in front on 280zx housings with the brakes and new shocks. I am using wheel wise 14x6.5 in front with 185-60-14's and 14x7.5 in rear with 195-60-14 tires. I had panasports that were 14x6 from a 280Z that fit well and perfect. I personally like 14" wheels and tires. if you have more questions message me. have fun.

72 goon here. 15x6.5 +0 would probably be the biggest wheel you could go with without rolling your fenders. It also depends on how low you go, too. I rolled and did a small pull front and rear, and had 2.5" blocks in the back, and lowered 280zx fronts with 15x7 -12 (about 15x7.5 +0 if we change things around a bit). If I went any lower, I'd have been rubbing on turns and such with 195/50 tires.

IMG_1058.jpg