has anyone ever messed around with Audi / Volkswagon seats?

I remember one time that I was about to pull out a set of recaro trophy's from a vw, but it was jacked up and needed re upholstering....

but yesterday while at the JY, it was 12.99 day a seat and I ended up spotting a pair of CLEAN leather seats from I believe a 91 audi.

has anyone ever messed with these seats?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of the VW leather seats out of a wagon,they mount on the sides not the bottom.Had to cut the seat sliders out of the donor car with a air chisel. I am thinking of putting them in my 521 they might be a little high,head too close to roof or maybe it just feels that way and steering wheel seems quiet close .I would also have to weld the sliders in some how since the mount funny.I really like the seat,black leather and they adjust everywhere even the head rest.I payed $50.00 for my set,so $26.00for a set of Audi seats you cant go wrong.

i messed around in the back seats as a teen :w00t:

i have recaros in the sedan from a... jetta???

left the electric sliders behind and used some univ sliders to the stock rails(1 hole each rail). dont care for the color trim, but my butt likes em :D

I believe these were out of an audi cs1000

there were two wires on the bottom of the drivers seat. maybe theyre ass warmers :eek3:

so you're saying, go back there and get the sheet metal for the sliders? :o

the saab seats I have in the car right now measure 19 inches at the widest point and the audi ones are 21. I think they might end up butting up against eachother at the tranny tunnel and I would need to figure out the seatbelt clearance, the rails hit the seatbelts mounted on the floor after a quick toss in the car

IMG_2675.jpg

Edited by inline4

Most VW/Audi seats have the sliders built into the floorpan of the car. This also includes the mechanism for fore/aft adjustment. I would say cut all the stock mounting stuff off the seat and adapt it to a different slider mechanism. I think welding in all the slider stuff to the car would be a PITA and would likely make a mess of your floors. Those seats are definitely comfortable though, so it would be cool to find a way to do it.