Rims for 620 with Beebani front disks

Steven Jackson

Hi folks,

I have been watching this forum for a while, but new to the posting. I finally broke down a few weeks back and picked up the front wheel disk brackets for my '73 620. I have gotten one side of the brakes converted; however, as anticipated, the stock rims don't fit.

What rims are you guys using with the Beebani brackets (HB calipers)? What size tires do you have on them? Do you like the setup?

I hope to get out this weekend and try to find something that will fit so I can put the thing back on the ground!

Thanks!

Steve

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '78 620 was the first year for disc brakes. The '78 rims were differently shaped for caliper clearance and cooling. All 720s to '83.5 used the same 620 style disc brakes, '84 and on were up-graded to larger caliper so the rims may be even wider in this area.

I went by a tire store a little while ago. I am looking at maybe getting these:

http://www.pacerwheels.com/shared_modules/wheelDataBook.php?myVen=219&mySty=603&linkBig=y

pacer310w.jpg

I like the retro style. The guys couldn't get the pricing today, so I will go back on Monday and see what they will cost me. They come in a 14" size, which I would prefer if it will fit, but they said that they can order a couple of sizes if I need to and then order a full set of them once we know which size fits best.