Fun in the snow!!

HRH

Well, I had my first decently stuck to the point where I had to really shovel tonight.

Since I put on the Weber, the idle issues that were barely apparent are now VERY apparent and the truck refuses to stay running below 1200 rpm and even that requires a whole bunch of feathering the gas. Looked for vacuum leaks today after work, still didn't find any, going to throw a fuel pressure guage on her tomorrow and see if maybe the pump is acting up. Verified spark okay.

Anyway, the short of it is I needed to get the truck in the front yard so I don't have to jockey vehicles around in back since the truck normally blocks the garage door where Eleanor sleeps.

So I decide I'm going to shovel out the gate, get it open, mash through/over the snow plow berm (5 foot high) and cruise around into the yard with the almost 3 feet of now wet snow.

It actually worked pretty well until I manged to stop and sink a bit, then dug myself a pit, which required the spade shovel and unpacking all the wet snow wedged under the truck. Aside from the one stuck, those Hankooks plow through snow like no one's business! Absolutely love them.

Here's a fun video:

http://www.mattalbertson.net/plowingsnow.avi

Went nuts with the new video capability of the Christmas camera. 92 megs. Sorry!

Aaaaaannnnddd fun pictures! Enjoy!

housesnow.jpg

fencesnow.jpg

yardsnow1.jpg

This is what I was plowing through, except it was all untracked.

yardsnow2.jpg

The other side of the 620.

720stucksnow1.jpg

720stucksnow2.jpg

720stucksnow3.jpg

No, I did NOT put the ever-so-gay Taz mudflaps on. They'll be coming off.

720stucksnow4.jpg

720stucksnowleftover.jpg

Think I'm going to have to replant that this spring. :(

Edited by HRH
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY figured out the issue with the new Weber. Float was adjusted all wrong, the needle bridge was broken (plastic) switched for another 2.00 needle I had with a metal bridge, and after many annoyances, finally figured out the idle mixture screw was way too far out, and the idle cut solenoid didn't have a good ground, or seal for that matter. The o-ring it had been assembled with was split and sticking out the side. Ground down the housing a bit to clear the choke peg.

FAAAAAACK!! You'd think I'd never played with a carb before. The last Weber I got was darn near perfect out of the box. Oh well, it's fine now. 12:30am and 3-7 inches of snow expected by morning, looks like about 3 already fell. Wheeee! :D Good news is I can take back the fuel pump I grabbed just in case.