Speedometer change for 78 Datsun 1200

Coky32

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'78 1200???? There were no 1200s after '73. If '78 perhaps a B-210? F10? Is it a 310 FWD? None of these have an A12 (1,200cc) engine.

Digital readings or ok for oil pressure and temp/gas where they don't change very fast. Tachometers and speedometers are incredibly hard to read and understand/comprehend because of their fast changing numbers. Even the hundreds are a blur.

I am using this in my 510:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081JN8S8X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

1972Datsun510-Interior11.thumb.jpg.9894e08d2fa8c5f9b35e543ba1b06880.jpg

It works really good. What's nice is it is GPS so you don't have to worry about what gear you will need with a specific tire size. I haven't had any problems with this particular brand. I also used it in my 41 Ford. It does take a few seconds at first to find a signal, but once it does it is very accurate. What is also nice about this particular one is you can program the odometer. So instead of starting at 0, you can program it to show the current mileage showing on your odometer.

But if you want something nice and also multiple gauges like tach, oil pressure, water temp and voltage, then I would go with Speedhut. They are more expensive but they look like good quality stuff. I haven't used them because I just can't afford them.

https://speedhut.com/

Edited by mojojojo78
  • Like 1