Datsun B310 120y '79 how to engine swap

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt about how and which engine to swap on my 1979 Datsun B310 120y sedan (you can see the car from the cover of my profile).

It has already been swapped in the past from an A12 to an A15. Since I have decided to completely restore it, I would like a performance engine with "oldschool" carburettors and understand how I can do it (I was thinking for the KA24DE). I'm sure some of you can help me,

thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It starts from the fact that I am the only one in Italy to have a car like mine or any datsun in general, some KA24DE (for some strange reason many from Spain and no EFI), SR20DET, VG30 and other engines can be found quite easily because they are not very famous and cars of this type are very very rare in Europe.

As for converting the KA24DE (since it costs less) I would like to understand how to do it...if you can also send me a link to direct me to at least I understand what I'm getting into.

I would also like to ask you which engine I should go towards in your opinion,

Thanks!