Mechanical Fuel Pump

I've finally got the fuel system rebuilt in my 77 B210 and its running well except it has been set up with an electric fuel pump and I think its getting too much PSI, its bogging down and sputtering on the hills. I'd like to get my hands on an original mechanical pump if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I could find one or what brand I should be looking at? There's a Beck Arnley 151-6764 on Ebay right now I could get. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on hills? Electric pump runs full volume and pressure at all times not just on hills. What's happening is the engine is using more fuel faster than the pump can supply it.

Replace the fuel filter probably clogged and restricted. Good enough for low demand driving but starves under load.

and/or...

Pump is in engine bay rather than as low as possible near the tank. Pumps can push but they are not good at sucking.

Thanks, the fuel filter is brand new, they did install the pump in the engine bay so that could be it. I think I would like to still get the proper mechanical pump, then I could remove the electric pump altogether. Are they all the same or are there any brands I should stay away from?