720 park lights

seannn

Hello people well I've been having this problem, until now I got time to mess around with the 720's light switch. I've been following a diagram I found online (because a manual that I ordered online cane water damaged) I shows me the pins for the left and right head lights. On the left 8 pin conector I noticed they are 2 pins thatthe diagram didn't say anything about but I had the idea of them being the park lights but i am not too sure. I've tested for continuity but they don't have I am not sure if it's the switch or if I am wrong about them being the park lights. Where do I locate Any plug or pins for the park lights. 

Edited by seannn
Mistake on title
  • seannn changed the title to 720 park lights
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Left front lights...

The amber combination lamp has...

Green/Red to the turn signal bulb

Red/Yellow to the parking lamp bulb and also the side marker lamp

Black ground for both.

If the other side works then the light switch is working as it powers all clearance lights front and back and all running or parking lights front or back. If all front left side not working then possibly the ground is bad. If one lamp not working then bad bulb or the ground to that bulb.

Yes I noticed that but I was referring to the switch inside. I don't know which pins are for the park lights since there's this community I need to pass to get to farm which requires you to have the park lighta on during the day and I've been stop by the patrol of the community since I have those wired with the headlights and they say it's only the sides that needs to turn on not the headlight since I have led lights so they say it's "distracting". What I've done these days y just disconect my low beams so they don't turn on but I am tired of that so I wanted to qirw it so they work like they supposed to with the switch but I can't find those pins lol

The pins on the light switch are below. The 8 pin plastic plug wire colors...

Pin#......  Plug wire

36 ......... Red/Blue power from the fuse box

37........... Red/Yellow to all marker/parking/license/dash lights

36 and 37 are the pin numbers on the actual light switch. It's on, on the first and second headlight positions. Power is from the 13th fuse (15 amp) from the left or the third one back from the right.

The light switch is greased but after almost 40 years it has collected dirt and dried out. Try a can of  electrical contact cleaner. Spray liberally and work the parking light switch. You'll probably have to remove the two piece plastic clam shell around the steering column and the steering wheel to really get at the switch properly.

• Thanks 1