720 side mirrors revisited

I hate to count my ebay purchases before they arrive, but I picked up a set of NOS "Datsun" brand side mirrors for '80 and newer trucks, which aside from few outliers, are 720's. The mirrors are part number 999JV-73000 and look very similar to other mirrors (non-Datsun) I have encountered in my "truck mirrors for small trucks" searching. Likely, Datsun just lent the their name, but no matter, the mirrors are official Datsun/Nissan and, so long as, they arrive and resemble their pictures, I will be happy. I am still going to look into installing LED lights in them...someday, but this was a long sought acquisition on my truck building quest. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134898422413

Vtg Nissan Datsun Truck Side View Mirrors 1980 + Later Part 999JV-73000 NEW  OEM | eBay

Edited by frankendat
  • Like 2
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just went and did some googling for 720 pictures. I see 720s with these style mirrors and than others with the regular small size mirrors. Didn't know there were two different options.

Edited by IZRL

The bigger swing out style mirrors are primarily after market and commonly called "west coast" side mirrors for 720's and 620's. West coast style encompasses many sub styles. There are few directly marketed for Datsuns, the ones recently acquired are the first I found "branded", but that probably means little.

• Like 1

A note on the mirrors, these look similar to a vintage "Ford" side mirror I came close to purchasing a while back. When I say similar, from the pictures identical, but to be sure I would need to compare the Datsun and Ford mirrors in person. The Ford mirrors "new" w/shipping are $15 cheaper, then my ebay purchase, so I paid the extra for the name.

Mirrors arrived today and are better than I had hoped. They really are "new" never installed and came with all the hardware, original instructions, template for the door and aluminum "backing plates" to install on the inside of the door.

Mirrors_35.jpg

Mirrors1_35.jpg

• Like 1