ka24 in datsun 210 driveshaft length?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, nathan.is.an.idiot12312 said:

(shorty 5 speed out of d21) just wondering cause i really really want to do this swap someday

are there any driveshafts that fit this?

If you kept the stock diff a stock B210 auto driveshaft (bigger input spline end) would fit the stumpy 5 speed if it is the same length as a stock transmission (27 or 29 inches I forget off the top of my head??). HOWEVER, the H150 in a 210 will not last long behind a KA, so you'd need to upgrade the diff, which with a bigger pumpkin will stick more forward requiring a shorter than stock auto B210 driveshaft.

For example: I put a KA24E in my 1200 using a 2wd 720 stumpy transmission (stock length) and 510 wagon diff. The engine to diff length on a 1200 is the same (or close enough) to that of a 210. For that kind of situation you would need to get a 510 sedan driveshaft lengthened a couple inches (or wagon shortened) or get an auto B210 driveshaft shortened. The 510 driveshaft is more robust so is the better solution (which is what I did).

Or,  you can cut the firewall, move the engine back an inch or two and a 510 sedan driveshaft would then fit (as it is really close, the splines actually overlap but only 1/8 inch). Of course this all depends on which rear end you use and how far forward the diff face sits. 

Couple of people have done KA swaps in 210s so there is information out there.

Edited by Dguy210
6 minutes ago, nathan.is.an.idiot12312 said:

i know about changing the diff already, i plan on putting an LSD in her soon.

my car is a factory 3spd auto (L3N71) so could i have that driveshaft shortened?

also shes an 81 4 door sedan

From what I understand you could have that shortened but the 510 sedan driveshaft is actually more common and better. Replaceable u joints on the 510 one, 210 is designed to be nonreplaceable but can be replaced if you can find the particular parts.

In my case I took both a B210 and 510 driveshaft with me when I had mine done and talked to the driveshaft guy and he strongly suggested the 510 driveshaft so I went with his expertise. 

Finding the LSD that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and fits is likely to be the hardest part. 

Edited by Dguy210
1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

From what I understand you could have that shortened but the 510 sedan driveshaft is actually more common and better. Replaceable u joints on the 510 one, 210 is designed to be nonreplaceable but can be replaced if you can find the particular parts.

In my case I took both a B210 and 510 driveshaft with me when I had mine done and talked to the driveshaft guy and he strongly suggested the 510 driveshaft so I went with his expertise. 

Finding the LSD that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and fits is likely to be the hardest part. 

i got a link to one for like 200-350 usd 

and would the 510 driveshaft be the right length or would it need be shortened

6 hours ago, nathan.is.an.idiot12312 said:

i got a link to one for like 200-350 usd 

and would the 510 driveshaft be the right length or would it need be shortened

You would likely need to lengthen it if it is a 510 sedan driveshaft, they are shorter than the B210 auto driveshaft (although the ends are basically the same).

• Like 1