1985 Z24 wants to stall out

Brayden

When I am braking anything more than super slowly or when I pop it in neutral above idle speeds, it dips down real low and sometimes stalls out. What might be the cause of this? It does this on my 83 with a weber and all new fuel system and brake booster as well. This 85 has original carb I believe. Ive read that old clutch fluid may be a cause? Any leads would be helpful!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing out of the ordinary from what I can tell just by pressing it about halfway and little taps, I have not tried flooring the brake. I will do some more testing tomorrow and let you know more. The idle is supposed to change just a little, but not a lot, correct?

Okay so today I took it on a small trip to the dump, and on my way there I sat idle and stomped on the brake. Idle speed did not change but I did hear it get rich for a brief second. When I roll to a stop and clutch in closer to idle speed its fine and wont stall out on me