WIPER MOTOR

I have a 1971 Datsun 521 and the wipers move super slow, I thought thats how it is from that year but saw a video of one same truck with them wipers moving faster.
Is there a modification for them to move faster?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take the linkages apart (carefully) and first of all clean all the old dirt and hard grease off. Then fresh lithium grease on every moving part that contacts any other part. The pivots are the two turning points the arms are clamped to. Some come apart, some are hard to service. There may be O rings you can replace. I can't remember. I remember greasing one set of pivots but don't remember what Datsun it was on. Do what you can to clean and grease them.

The rest is tiny and old wires that just don't supply full battery power to the motor.

Last is the alternator and how well it charges.

I also use Rain-X on the glass. It's a silicon? based liquid the is applied and buffed off much like how car wax works. It fills in microscopic scratches that water will stick to as drops. When treated and driving over 35 the wind blows the water off and you don't need the wipers on. When on, they slide across the glass easier. You could try that.

• Like 2