Questions About Carburetor/Fuel Lines

I picked up a 74 620 last Saturday and I've made some big strides towards getting it back into running condition. I've replaced a few parts now and I'm looking at the carburetor/intake with some questions I can't seem to find answers to. If there is a post where this exact question has already been answered you can point me to it. I just want to know the size of the hoses and how long they should be. The Haynes manual looks like it shows a three-way connection to the points I'm wondering about but I can't see a description of the hose sizes or material type. 

There's also a question about a hose from the carb leading into the top of the engine. The connection on the engine is loose and rotates freely. Should that be happening or is something wrong? 

I'm trying to figure out how to embed images and I'm struggling. Hope this embed works from imgur. (It didn't) Link to the images on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/WO0peuX

Any help is greatly appreciated and I hope you're all doing well!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rekateer said:

I picked up a 74 620 last Saturday and I've made some big strides towards getting it back into running condition. I've replaced a few parts now and I'm looking at the carburetor/intake with some questions I can't seem to find answers to. If there is a post where this exact question has already been answered you can point me to it. I just want to know the size of the hoses and how long they should be. The Haynes manual looks like it shows a three-way connection to the points I'm wondering about but I can't see a description of the hose sizes or material type. 

Probably you mean the vacuum advance hose to the distributor. It has a Tee with a third hose over to the EGR valve just in front of the carburetor on the intake. Take a piece of the old hose to an auto supply and get a match. The individula lengths don't matter, just cut to fit.

There's also a question about a hose from the carb leading into the top of the engine. The connection on the engine is loose and rotates freely. Should that be happening or is something wrong?

This hose should go to he air filter housing from the valve cover and is part of the PCV system. The valve cover fitting shouldn't be loose. Spray clean with carburetor spray or break cleaner to remove any oil and apply some RTV around it and let set. Use gray or silver.

I'm trying to figure out how to embed images and I'm struggling. Hope this embed works from imgur. (It didn't) Link to the images on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/WO0peuX

Any help is greatly appreciated and I hope you're all doing well!

Thank you, datzenmike! Just knowing what it actually is helps me make the right decisions.

What is TRV? It sounds like 5 minute epoxy but when I search "trv" I just see armored vehicles and other unrelated stuff.

Thank you again!