Nissan 720 turn signal, headlight and horn switch wiring

seannn

Hiiii guys well I almost forgot to ask about this, the 720s turn signal, headlights and horn isn't working because of wiring harness problems that many wires have been cutted and some have been broken due to age. I decided I wanted to rewire those but I want to use the same original switch(i find switches ugly) but I don't know what wire is for left,right for turn signals and low beam and high beam(basically i dont know what wire is for what from the plug). The horn relay works, the pickup has the st steering wheel with the nissan button and I believe that works by passing ground (correct me if I am wrong) but I disconnected the plug on the left from the turn signal switch and I realized that the horn's relay by the steering wheel does make a sound so I assume the wiring for the horn passes there. Can anyone guide me and is there a way for me to hook it up so the turn signals blink on the dash because non of it works only the temp lol. The dash lighting up isn't important for me but it would be cool if it could light up. I am thinking on using new relays but if you guys know where the originals ones are located i could use them since they were working fine but I have new relays stored since I bought some when I wired some brake lights avoid any tickets haha so I understand how to use relays and ill use the same flasher too.Thanks yall I appreciate your time! i rlly did type alot 😅

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should put 720 and the year in your profile. Knowing the year can reduce repetitive questions.

You plan to radically alter the wiring and change switches and relays?  

I would suggest you go on line and buy a Nissan FSM factory service manual for your year of 720. This will show you how the lighting, signals and horn systems are supposed to work. As to how and what you plan to replace with, I think you are on your own.  

With the FSM you can probably fix what you have.

• Like 1

Hey, that's what you come here for, ideas.

It has detailed circuits of the headlights, turn signals and horn plus the switches and relays. The wire colors are clearly marked. Usually e-Bay has them. Anywhere from $20-$80. A lot easier than back and forth conversations.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/145309466123?

This one below produced by Nissan, NOT the Haynes or any other...

image.thumb.jpeg.7e3620cd7fef89e2cf4ed2ee3ea3e064.jpeg

• Like 1

This morning I went to my friends house and he told me he believes that his uncle has one and I talked to him and he said that I could have it, his 720 was set on fire by some teens and the only thing he had was that manual in his garage. Hopefully the pages isn't in too bad shape but my friend was gonna go today to his house to help him with some fencing so he was gonna bring it for me in some days when he's back. 

Hopefully the same year, that would be ideal. There were great changes in the 720 starting with the '83 model year. Early and late wiring may at best be similar but color codes may be different. '83 and on should be much better.

Another advantage of the Nissan Factory Service Manual is that it's the BIBLE of fixing, repairing and tune up specifications for that year. All other 'manuals' get their info from it and mistakes are made. Also one thin manual tries to cover all 6 years of variations.