Light issues

So I have headlights but no taillights, dash lights or marker lights. 
I’ve checked the fuse and it’s good on one end on the fuse panel but dead on the other.
 I’m assuming it’s a ground issue or maybe a dimmer switch issue.

also how in the h)ll do you get the wiper, switch, light swith and dimmer knobs off.. I see no button to release it and my manual doesn’t say anything 😂 I must be a 🤪

Edited by high winder
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If one end of a fuse is hot and not the other, than the fuse is bad. Hold a quarter across the tabs holding the fuse. If the lights come on then the fuse is bad.

Dash and side marker lights, amber front parking and red rear running lights and the license plate light are all on the same fuse. If this was only the dash lights it might be the dimmer switch but it isn't.

Knobs off...

Pull the light or wiper switch all the way out. Grip the stem close to the dash with needle nose pliers and hold tightly. Push inward on the knob and twist to release it. Hold the stem tightly!

You don't need to remove them this is a fuse.

Hainz taught me years ago that the glass fuses cannot be trusted just by looking at them. A quarter touched briefly across the contact clips will show if it's a fuse or not.. Well that's an easy cheap fix.

• Like 1