1986 Nissan pickup 720 4WD

I have been driving a 1986 Nissan 720 for 20t years never no trouble anyway it only has around 115 k miles on it but yesterday its like it lost a cylinder i put new plugs in it good gas i pull each plug wire off of it one at a time (all 8 of them and there was no change in the sound are miss check the fuse on the coil pull each coil wire off and got them close to the coil fire was flying not sure what to check next the plug wires were also replace about 2 years ago yhey all look good but has a real bad solid miss any suggustions to what to check next thanks Bronson

IMG_0008 - Copy (2).JPG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do a compression check. Look for low readings between two adjacent cylinders. I suspect that your head gasket has, or is in the process of blowing. The Z24 is notorious for blowing the head gasket every 100k miles.

Pull each plug individually but put an old spark plug in the end and hold against the head or a grounded surface. Start engine and check that all plugs are sparking. If sparking it's not ignition.

Pull valve cover and check the valve lash. Hot lash for intake and exhaust is 0.012". A tight valve may cause a miss effect.

Do you have two wing nuts holding the air filter top on or only one????

If one wing nut is the electrical plug at the back 6 wire or 2 wire???