a Mear scrap of information

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I've been rebuilding  the l20 b in my very early 720 pickup. I understand the early 720 models still came with the l20b,and this 1980 720 looks to be one of those. Anyway I've been referring to the ratson website throughout the build and the info is quick and correct. I just started it ,and it fired off in a millisecond with no leaks. Just had to fine tune the timing. Because I followed Mikes instructions on the cam and cam sprocket alignments, there was no guess work or problem's. The last piece of the puzzle was that it wouldn't idle and had a low RPM misfire. Thought it sounded like carb troubles so I read the thread I saw about  Idle problems ,The hread talked about the main idle screw and the solenoid that turns the fuel on and  off. I would have never known to check the power on that solenoid, but Mike mentioned it, and that was the problem. Now It idles like a sewing machine. Just wanted to say thanks for the help to all you Datsun lovers. It made my project go alot easier and much more enjoyable. My handle is Smokin Joe ,but its not because  smokes pouring out my tailpipe anymore.

• Like 3
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...