Is it Possible ? to put a 720 body onto a d21 frame or would it be easier just putting the 3.0v6 in the 720

I've got a 86 3.0 v6 in the d21 frame and I want to either swap bodies with ,my 81 720, or just take the motor and trans out and put it into my 720 but id really like to use the front suspension as well so that's why I want to find someone that may have done the body swap or even a motor swap as to putting the 3.0 v6 in a 720 body , and if the motor will even fit in the 720 , thanks for any info 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the D21 is wider than the 720 and the reg cab D21 has over 5.5" longer wheelbase and assume the long wheelbase is similarly longer. The 720 wheel arches will be closer together than the D21 wheel positions. The D21 front wheels will be 3" farther to the front and the rears 3" farther to the back. Take a look.

Swapping the engine/transmission entails fitment problems and mounts, cooling system changes, exhaust system, lengthening the drive shaft, EFI wiring, swapping fuel tank or an in line high pressure fuel pump.