Water Pump and Fan Clutch Assembly

B16F007

Hey All, complete noob here. I just bought a '79 620 Datsun (that I never knew I needed until now). I was looking for a small daily driver pickup and out of nowhere I found it. It's in great shape, but leaking coolant and oil (was told from previous owner that it has been sitting for about 15 years in his garage). I wish I was mechanically inclined, but about the best I've done is change oil and rotate tires on my other vehicles. This truck makes me want to learn more, but I wanted a professional to take a look at this and give me the scoop. One of the things they told me was that the water pump was bad on it and leaking coolant out of the weep hole. They told me they didn't know where to get parts for the truck, but if I found them and bought them they'd put them in. I went on rockauto.com and found ITM Water Pump with fan Clutch assembly and purchased it (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4816440&cc=1210150&pt=2208&jsn=842). I just received it and I believe I purchased one that is meant for a 620 with A/C. Mine doesn't have AC. Anyone know if this is going to cause a problem if they're able and I have them install it instead of a water pump with out AC? I just got the part in and the shop I deal with is booking 2 weeks out. Supposed to take it in on Monday to have them replace it. Any input is very appreciated. Will post more pictures of this beaut when I have a little more time.

Thanks in advanced!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7osbTrkrcdKXuKkg7

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic