Hitachi B210 carb jets?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? Carburetors simply mix fuel in proportion to the air passing through it. A larger engine shouldn't need more or less. To the carburetor a larger engine is the same as a smaller displacement revving much higher.

I would check that the jets are not restricted with a small bit of debris or dirt which would make them in effect smaller. While they are out have a look at the size stamped on them and record this. If you go to Amazon you can buy a range of carburetor jets (for under $15) for Webers or motorcycles for fine tuning the mixture.  For example if you have a 100 jet, get a 90 to 110 set and you can go richer or leaner.

These are for Mikuni and range from 88-128 but again this is just an example. I think most Japanese jets are the same thread. For my R1 carburetors I bought smaller than needed and selected a drill size that was correct and drilled them out to suit. I did have a wide band so perfect mixtures were possible unlike reading the plugs.

61Jz9OOrnAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg