210 loose throttle cable

averdi

Hey all,

Just finished adjusting the valve lash on my ‘81 B310 and I went to start the car up and upon pressing the gas, the pedal hit the floor and wouldn’t come back up. Checked out under the hood and the throttle cable had come loose from the carb. I put it back in but it doesn’t seem to want to stay on the guide and keeps slipping off after going full throttle. I’m not sure how tight it was beforehand, but it also seems to have more slack than I think it should. Just thought I’d see if anyone else has had a similar issue or could point me in the right direction. 

thanks in advance 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I just got my A14 running again last night after doing all seals (I'll be getting rear main with the 5-speed swap, new clutch, and flywheel resurface)

Needless to say, carb was removed and now I have some freeplay in my A-pedal. I have a hard copy of service info for a '75 B210 and a digital copy for '81 B310.

For the B310, the adjustment I have tells you to adjust the pedal distance from the floor to 109mm or 4.29" via the stopper bolt resting below the cable-to-pedal attachment point. Tighten stopper bolt lock nut.

It then says to adjust the cable's outer case away from the carb (the metal cap of the sleeve by the carb, loosen the hold-down screw to adjust) "making sure that the throttle lever is returned to idle position."

Thinking about it more, I'm not 100% sure this will help, I wouldn't mind looking up anything you may need, though

Well I ended up just going with a Weber 32/36 swap instead of trying to get the hitachi sorted since that was the plan for the future anyways. So far it’s looking good, install was pretty simple. Think I’ll rebuild the hitachi whenever I can find a rebuild kit for it. Thanks for the help y’all.