Turn signal/ dash lights won't work

Hello looking for advice. I have a '82 datsun 720. I have read a couple of these threads and am lost. I have replaced the turn signal/ wiper switch on the column. As well as the two flashers under the dash. How ever I do not have any type of turn signal or dash lights operational. I've tried cleaning the hazard switch as well as wiggling it and turning it on amd off multiple times. I am not at a loss of what else to do or look for. I'm assuming chasing down the wiring or directly re wiring the blinkers would be a no go cause I would short something out.. the 15 amp fuse is good as well.   Thanks for your help before hand if you can help me figure this out..  

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dash lights??? do you mean all the dash lights or just the turn signal indicators, because that's two different things.

Turn the ignition on, and signal a left or right turn. Now slowly push the 4 way flasher switch towards the on position. When the turn signal begins to flash, stop. It's now fixed till the next time you use your 4 way flasher, then you'll have to do this again.

Any luck?

The 4 way emergency switch is a known problem. It does two things. It disconnects the turn signal flasher and connects the 4 way when switched ON. When turned OFF it does the reverse and connects the turn signal back up... but the switch can travel too far and go past the turn signal contacts and disconnect them. Moving the switch slightly towards ON will connect them. 

• 3 weeks later...

i replaced the whole signal switch, there was a wiring issue i found, how ever when the head lights are switched on there is no light on for the dash. i just need a block of c4 and a demolition range at this point.. also when put into drive or reverse now all of a sudden it dies it use to drive... about to abort this project and get a yota

• 2 weeks later...