Octane Lighting 5 3/4" LED Headlight Install and Video Comparison

Neatus

So......in an attempt to be able to see while driving at night I swapped my old school halogens for some Octane Lighting 5 3/4 inch LED headlights.  I chose these because they are glass and don't look to wild and they had decent reviews.  The light output is just amazing compared to what I had.  They are so bright and have an even beam pattern that cuts off appropriately. The lenses came with halogens installed but also came with a set of LED bulbs to replace them.  The install is pretty much just swapping the LED bulb into the lens and then putting in the new lens housing in place of the old ones; plug and play.  They even have locating tabs where they are supposed to be.  Aside from one bulb having a tab in the wrong spot probably due to some low quality control and the deflector being just a tad off center I would say I am super happy with them.  I made a video showing some of the install and a side by side comparison of driving down the road with them.  Here are some pics of them installed and the link to the video. If you just want to see the light comparison just skip to the last half of the video.  Hope you future is bright!

Octane LED Comparison Video

gHRW3FE.jpgpa4T81Y.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, cjg said:

Amazing how bad those old Sylvania units are compared to todays technology.  Nicely done!  I'm going to look into set for myself.

Agreed...although i will say, they do get worse with time.  My drivers side low beams reflector paint/coating was about half gone, so much of the light was going out the back of the bulb.

On 3/16/2022 at 3:21 PM, EDM620 said:

Would have been interesting to compare the Halogens in there too, light color is different (LED's are very white)

You mean the new halogen bulbs?  or the old ones?  I did show the old from the front of the vehicle side by side with the LED.  Super yellow.