Trying to bring a little of the family history back...

My family bought this 1984 Nissan 720 King Cab in 1984 (or maybe 1983, I'll check). Health issues caused it to sit and start to rot. I was gone (Army career) and now I'm back. I'll post some pictures after the moderator approves the thread. I think most of the truck is there and it will be part time for me, but I'll get there. I appreciate the help. Pete

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you reply to your own post to continue the thread, but I don't see any other way

I just installed (mostly) a new Hitachi carburetor. The carb has two wires. Where do they attach? I'm getting mixed messages. 

The carb was described as "three position plug with two wire leads". I have the three position plug but can't determine where it should be reconnected.

I apologize for the dumb*** questions. New to the trade. I appreciate the help.

Pete

So here is what I think. I won't act until I hear from someone better qualified.

The three position plug disconnected from the old carb. That's why there is no place to plug it in.

The two wires from the carb require power, on when key is on, off when key is off. Which means I need to check to see which of the three connections in the plug are on with key and off without it, then attach my two wires to a replacement three position plug and reattach with the hot leads in the right position.

Am I close? Thanks.

Pete

Blue is the choke heater wire. It warms the choke and slowly opens it, or turns it off. On the 720, it only is powered ON by the choke heater relay while the engine is running.

Red is the idle cut solenoid which is on 12v any time the ignition is on. It allows fuel down to the idle circuit and shuts this off when the ignition is turned off to stop the engine quickly and avoid dieseling.