Replacing L18 Radiator Fan

ell

I've been hunting and it looks like there are possibly fans off different vehicles that may fit my 1974 620 (clutchless fan).

21060-A4600 (and maybe 21060-N0100) are the part numbers. It has a 4 blade fan with 4 bolts attaching it and the pulley to the water pump. My current fan has clearly made contact with something in the past (maybe the old radiator when somebody revved it up? not sure) and is not in good shape. It is a bit warped so I would like to replace it. Trying to find a direct replacement has been difficult, as it seems a lot of folks switch over to an electric fan. I'd like to keep this engine as simple as possible and avoid adding an electric fan.

I did find this eBay listing that looks about right - but no idea about the bolt spacing/diameter/offset and it is coming from Thailand so..yea it would be quite the wait.

I also found another listing that looks very similar to me (slightly pricier.. not sure how much a plastic fan blade should cost). I still need to double check the bolt spacing on my fan.

[edit: this does not appear correct. the bolt spacing on mine is 35mm]

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to find a replacement? Just need something that fits! Thanks in advance 🙂

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21060-A4600 will fit L16/18 620 but also the 521 and the 510

21060-N0100 will also fit the L16/18 but is optional for tropic use on the 521, 1200 (B-110) and the 620.

e bay listing is for a J13 so forget that.  The other is more for shipping. Both are 6 blades and blade diameter (not mentioned) has to be 330mm or will hit your shroud. Try a want ad... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... for 521/510/620 L16 or 18 owner that replaced fan with electric.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I'll try out the wanted ad. I definitely want to replace it as the warping became more apparent when I cleaned it a few minutes ago. Two of the four blades have some whiter "stress" marks where they have bent forward a bit. 

Speaking of shroud - I had  no idea that it was supposed to have one! It wasn't there when I got the truck and I've since replaced the radiator with a slightly thicker aluminum one (there seemed to still be plenty of front-to-back clearance with the stock fan). I imagine on such a small engine with a larger radiator the missing shroud shouldn't cause any issues.

Digging further into these alternate part numbers.. I found part number 21060-H5700. It appears to be for sale here. If this is a real listing... should it work?

Another option appears to be part number 21060-U2000 shown here as a 350mm alternative... as I do not have a shroud I expect the extra cm on the radius should be fine.