KA24E Harness

Bugeye

I have looked over the How to thread...several times (thank you Icehouse for posting it up) Now I have my own questions since I am doing my harness. I under stand pretty much what I have to do, but I don't know how to go about it. I under stand in this pic that the red wire is constant hot for ECU back up power, and the black/white wire is the 12v from the eccs relay, and the black/red is power from the ignition, but do i wire the black/red to the switch?

IMG_0072.jpg

Now this one I have pretty much figured out, but i want to make damn sure. I use the blue/black wire wired to my temp gauge, yellow/red I wire to the tach, but where the hell do i wire the orange one to, the starter or the ignition switch? (my pin chart shows its the start signal wire, so I think it goes to the switch, but Im not sure, the wiring diagram shows it going to a fuse.)

521KAharness.jpg

on this one i know the top left brown one goes to the aiv sol, egr sol, pres reg sol, aac sol, scv sol. And my wiring diagram shows it going to a 10a fuse, so is this a constant hot, or do i have to wire it for ignition on? If so, how do i go about doing that? The second brown wire is for the power steering press switch, I am going to be removing that from the harness altogether. I know the black/pink will go to the fuel pump relay control, the red/black will go to eccs control, and the green/yellow is for the neutral safety switch. Does that get wired direct to the switch?

521KAECUandHarness003.jpg

Now I know I need at least these to run the engine

Throttle position sensor

Water temp sensor

Knock sensor

MAF sensor

Injectors

Distributor/coil

Primary oxygen sensor

Idle control motor

fast idle valve

Fuel pump

Since I am going to be removing all of the emissions crap from the engine, is it safe for me to remove them from the ecu harness? As with the a/c and p/s?

I know I will have more questions as I get deeper into this, I'm still waiting for my new wiring harness to get here for the truck, but I want to get rolling on the Engine harness since I have it. And thanks in advance for the info and your time.

Donnie

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on the right track dude, the orange wire goes to the ign switch.

Looks like you've got a handle on everything else. The biggest thing to remember is the ecu is positively grounded, so the relays get wired differently than normal. That was the biggest thing that threw me off.

You can remove all the wires from the harness that you don't need, I think I pulled about 100ft. of wire from mine.

• 4 years later...