Carburator

dadymurano

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It runs as long as i pour a little gas in it. Never see any fuel in the window. Replaced the fuel pump and filter. Same thing. Replaced the carb with an old one i had laying around and it stays running. The fuel filter is the plastic clear type so it's getting gas to the carb. 

It had been a year or so since i cranked her up. I thought bad gas, bad filter, bad pump but didnt think the carb was bad. The carb i had on it vame off a toyota. I got a spacer from Rocco and Cheaters speed shop when they went out of business years ago and the carb really added some power and top end to the engine. I never did find a good air filter because with the 2 inch adapter the carb sat high on the engine. I don't have the time to rebuild carbs and stuff I used too. Just ready to put a bolt on, out of the box. I supose I could send in some of my original carbs to a quality rebuilder and tell em to just send me one back, keep the rest. Had a shop in Cali ready to do that for me some years ago but never went thru with it.

I tried to load some pictures from years ago but photobucket has changed their free hosting.

Below is the carb i took off. Like i said it added some juice to the truck but required an adapter that was at least two inches tall.

s-l640.jpg