1984 pickup AC ducting

RD2

I installed a factory AC system in my 84 pickup.   The dash controls were changed to allow for the AC power button and the three speed blower.  The project was fairly straight forward since Datsun/Nissan had the truck pre wired so even the idle kickup works.  My question is, I only get AC cooled air out of the center vents.  When I open the two dash side vents (opening plastic door on vent) I get hot outdoor air.  The control is on recirculation so I don’t understand why the ducting, which appears from the diagrams I’ve looked at, does not push the cold air to both the center vents and the two dash vents near the doors?  Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your truck have all the ducting for the side vents?  Does your heater blow out the das side vents?

Link to Factory parts manual Ducting images.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/page_product/searchbyname?vin=&make=Nissan&model=720 Pickup&year=1984&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()&keywords=AC ducts

I will look at mine.  and get back to you.

Off the top of my head I woould check to see if the  cable that chnges from heat to AC is moving the door completely.  Years ago I had  one that some one had adjusted the cable wrong and the door was not opening all the way.