TVV discussion

Touching up on the topic of TVV (thermal vacuum valve) I have an 85 Nissan Datsun 720 2wd z24.  I recently bought a 32/36 weber carb and following the instructions to install, it tells me to connect the dist advance to the to vacuum advance port, and the canister purge to the EGR port, but says nothing about connecting the to the TVV. My truck sucks when I accelerate and trying to diagnose little issues to further trouble shoot. Does any one know if I need to delete the TVV? If not, my hoses T off and pretty much share the same connections with eachother to the EGR and vac advance. Not sure if that is normal or not! Im new to the stuff and would appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TVV only prevents vacuum advance and EGR during engine warm up. That's all it does.  You can connect the vacuum advance directly to the distributor from the carburetor, and watch for tees or extra hoses that go no where. You can just leave the TVV or get a pipe plug and seal the hole to look neater.

This is for an L20B but same idea...

sQDalt5.jpg

It's normal for the Z24 to suck when accelerating. Vacuum advance has almost nothing to do with full throttle operation and power. It does affect part throttle drive ability and mileage..