Question about Master Cyl Upgrade

KevvinG

Hey guys! Hope you're all staying safe in these weird times.

I'm trying to upgrade/refresh my '75 620 on the cheap, one of the thoughts I had was to use the brake and clutch master from my 280Z (Upgraded to Wilwood over the winter).

The clutch master went right in no problems but the brake master seems like it has a longer "snout".  From googling around it looks like people have done thing swap successfully, is there a modification that needs to be done to make this work?

Any insight would be appreciated!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KevvinG said:

the brake master seems like it has a longer "snout".  From googling around it looks like people have done thing swap successfully, is there a modification that needs to be done to make this work?

People have swapped stock master cylinders but you said this is a willwood.

Snout? Like at the front or the rear where the push rod from the booster goes in?

.....and what year z???

I’m trying to put the stock Brake master cylinder from my 1977 280Z into my 1975 620. My issue is the front of the 280z master cylinder (where it meets the booster) is longer than the 620 master. It hits the bottom of the aluminum spacer thing before the flange mates.