Help with wiring lights / signals / wipers

Hello! The 1980 510 I bought recently is is overall good condition except for one thing, sun damage. So much so that the column switch assembly (whatever that may be called) was practically gone when I got it, and you could crumble it with your fingers, and the only switch assembly I could find was almost 200 dollars. I'm quite poor so I opted to just buy some switches for a few bucks and wire everything up to those, and it worked, but there where some issues. Mainly the lights have troubles and will blow out the brake light fuse if they're on for too long (like 5ish minutes). Also I couldn't get the signals to work at all, which is a shame considering those where the only things that slightly worked before I redid everything. The wipers worked fine though, and so did the brights, but I need help on the other two things, I've linked a picture of my custom wiring and maybe those of you who know more than I can spot my issue. Thank you!

picture here 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a want add... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... Say $50 and shipping and you're way ahead and everything works. Wrecking yards should have them.

Your rear signal lights may be sharing the brake light also. The turn signal disconnects the brake to that side and turns the flasher on. You can't do that with switches.

1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

Try a want add... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... Say $50 and shipping and you're way ahead and everything works. Wrecking yards should have them.

Your rear signal lights may be sharing the brake light also. The turn signal disconnects the brake to that side and turns the flasher on. You can't do that with switches.

The signals are separate, my brother hooked his B210's signals up to a switch but my wiring is a bit different