‘86 720 VIN/engine serial

STAY RAD!

New to the group as I just became the owner of a 1986 Nissan 720 manual 4x4 king cab with 120k miles. 

Thing is, I just wiped off grease to reveal z24 engine serial which does not match VIN. Is that normal?

Also, according to the original manual that came with the truck, along with the original warranty docs, it says there should be a plate in engine compartment passenger side that lists body/engine data. But this is not present in my truck.

Thanks for any clarification!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun!

If you'd like to post photos, the best place to upload and insert them from seems to be postimage.com

Typically on a 720, the tag on early trucks is on the passenger side in between the washer fluid reservoir and the hood bracket/hinge. The later models got a sticker on the driver's side door jamb. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, SLO720 said:

Typically on a 720, the tag on early trucks is on the passenger side in between the washer fluid reservoir and the hood bracket/hinge. The later models got a sticker on the driver's side door jamb. 

I do have sticker in door jamb, so I guess that replaced the tag in engine compartment?

• Like 1

Yes sir on later models 🙂

Your tag should show the diff selection and say, "ca411" which means, 4.11 rears and a c200 rear diff. Vin should also be present along with a few other things.

Edited by SLO720
  • Like 1