83 720 4x4 king cab rear left and right parking brake lengths

I replaced my rear differential recently on my 83 Nissan king cab 4x4 the original unit went out I had a 4.375 from a 71 521 handy used it threw it in just to get me by I finally came across the correct 3.889 ratio from a 84 200SX at the local pull a part . When I went to swap back I realized my wheel bearings on both sides was smoked they may have been that way before but either way I noticed now . I went to take out the axles and there was no way to get the parking brake cable to release from the backing plate so I had to cut both sides to get the axles out now I’m finding that getting the correct length parking brake cables to put back new is like looking for a white elephant does anyone know the length of the rear left and right cable lengths or have a part number ? I’m finding a lotta places don’t give you the option of entering king cab and 4x4 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went thru this . You have to have one custom made or find a used one. Should be 69” long- at least my reg cab was on my 83 4 WD. NO ONE sells it new . I paid 100$ + for it also. You kind find new passenger sides but not driver’s .

13 hours ago, Madkaw said:

Just went thru this . You have to have one custom made or find a used one. Should be 69” long- at least my reg cab was on my 83 4 WD. NO ONE sells it new . I paid 100$ + for it also. You kind find new passenger sides but not driver’s .

Thank you I was getting the feeling that this may be the case this truck is getting harder and harder to get parts for . Any time you see even a base model in a junk yard things a skeleton in just a a couple weeks lol